-->

Just Jessica's Dupes: MAC's Bronze Shadow

Leave a Comment
There is definitely something about bronzed eyes, they are so sexy! Being easy to do is just a bonus. If I'm ever in a rush but need a little oomph I always grab straight for my MAC pallet and the shade 'Bronze' in particular. Bronze is always a winner in the summer with tanned skin and sun kissed hair but there is something very alluring about a paler competition and really warm bronze eyes.

I have been having a love affair with this shade for about 5 years, It was my first ever MAC eyeshadow and it now sits proudly in my artist pallet knowing its always my top pick. I think the shade looks good with very eye shade and skin tone, it's such a eye popping colour. 






I am wearing the Bourjois 54 here.





After doing these dupes for 2 weeks in a row now and loving it, I have started to actually look for specific dupes of my favourite high end products in Drugstores and I have been pleasantly surprised, although the packaging is never as glamorous, I always find they are quite good dupes. I looked through all the brands on boots this week to check to see if I could find a close match, Maybelline, L'Oreal and MaxFactor all let me down. Bourjois however was the winner, their Ambre à paupieres eyeshadow in shade 54 came pretty close. Mission complete.


54 does in fact come in a cute little put, mirror (very tiny) include as well as a eyeshadow applicator (also very tiny) the first thing I did was chuck the applicator in the bin, it was useless, it actually says on the back to use a slightly wet 'BRUSH' - so I used one of my brushes and found that definitely intensified the shadow a lot. 

I would say that both the shadows are very similar in shade and texture and pigmented, maybe the MAC slightly more, if I was being picky! But it's now made me want to try out more of the Bourjois range - they actually got crowned the 'Beauty Insiders Winner of 2014'.






MAC - Bronze - top
Bourjois - 54 - bottom




MAC's Bronze Shadow - £15 in pot - £10 for pan (to put in pallet)









As you can see my pallet is pretty well loved! If you do a lot of freelance work or just love to have lots of shadows, I find these pallets to handy to have to store shadows in and perfect to travelling, I also have them for my blushes! MAC do them in store or you can get cheaper ones on EBAY - just a cheeky tip for you!


















Bourjois - 54 - £6.99





















As you can see they are pretty much the same shade and both have a lovely shimmer to them. The Bourjois shadow I would say is slightly darker but this may be because you have to apply it with a damp brush!



I'm off to try find another great dupe!


I'll keep you posted :)


justjessica











Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig