-->

Just Jessica's Dupes: YSL Shocking Mascara

Leave a Comment






Lashes, Every girl loves to have lovely long defined lashes. I'm a self confessed lash addict, I go every 4 weeks to get my individual lashes applied. I always choose to have them very natural and not to full. I find this suits my face more, whereas some of my friends can carry off a much more dramatic lash and it looks great on them. 

Even though I get my lashes done I find for an evening look or when I'm looking to create a more out there eye I like to add a touch of mascara to define and thicken my lashes.

 I am very particular about my bottom lashes as I find lots of mascaras smudge easily as my lashes are quite long and curly, tending to touch my skin at the tips.

So after years, and I mean years of hunting for the perfect mascara in November 2012 (I remember it well) I found THE ONE. Packaged in gorgeous gold with YSL embossed into the tube and with a big bold brush, it was £24.50 worth of perfection. Yes, £24.50 is steep I know but if it gives me perfect lashes who cares! So every 3 months I buy a new YSL shocking and haven't batted an eyelid. 

Until I watched Tanya Burrs Youtube Video Tutorials... Where she raved about this Maybelline 'the falsies' Volume express mascara. I as I'm guessing did the majority of her subscribers ran out to get my hands on this bargain of a miracle mascara - I wasn't disappointed. 

Maybelline really have done well, don't get me wrong the packaging isn't quite as glam as the YSL but it's £7.99 you can't complain. I would say this the nearest mascara I have ever had to match up to my YSL shocking.








Both with big brushes and thick but not gloppy applications and great staying power, these two beauties are bound to be my besties for years. Although I find YSL slightly, and I mean ever so slightly better quality I hardly notice the difference and I find alternating the two save me money.








YSL - shocking Mascara















Maybelline - The Falsies














Maybelline                  YSL



What do you think?


If your looking for a treat or are a make up obsessive like myself go for the YSL but if you looking for the cheaper option this month or just hate spending that kind of money on make up go for the Bargain Maybelline. I love them both.

 I love finding great dupes to use and share with you all, I'm always on the look out!


I'll keep you posted :)


justjessica



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig