-->

Just Jessica's Dupes : Tom Ford Sable Smoke Lipstick

Leave a Comment






Dupes! Don't you just love them, I mean who doesn't enjoy getting more bang for their buck. Now I'm not going to pretend that I always prefer the cheaper option but my bank does. Tom Ford Lipstick's are easily my favourite at the moment, not just because of their sleek chic look but also because of the colour range and creamy thick coverage. 


I was browsing around boots as you do, with one of my best friends the other day and swatching all the lipstick that caught my eye. There was quite a few so as usual my hand was covered in shades of reds, plums and nudes. I helplessly raised my hand to the girl behind the No7 counter and she automatically passed me a makeup wipe , she knew!


I loved lots of shades but I found myself putting most of them back thinking, Oh I have one just like that from Mac but better quality, or My Illamasqua one is similar but more pigmented. Until I came across the new L'Oreal Colour Riche Celebrity Range. Not all the colours tickled my fancy as I found them to be a bit samey but the Eva's Nude stood out. I could tell straight away that I loved the colour but in the back of my mind I knew I had one similar and then it came to me, Tom Ford's Sable Smoke. I was too intrigued not to buy it for £5.99 when my Tom Ford Lipsticks set me back £38 a pop - lucky I adore them!














Tom Ford - Top
L'Oreal - Bottom


You can see in the picture Tom Ford is ever so slightly more intense and L'Oreal is a little more sheer but on the lips there isn't much different, well not enough difference that over £30 saving will make if your on a budget!




L'Oreal - Eva's Nude


















Tom Ford - Sable Smoke

















I would say it is a really good dupe in terms of colour, Sable Smoke is a very thick and very pigmented peachy nude cream while L'Oreal hasn't quite got the richness, and it's defiantly not quite as moisturising.  With both L'Oreal and Tom Ford there is zero stick, no caking. Both are not matte, but I wouldn't class them as shiny either.

 The staying power isn’t extreme on either especially the amount of water I'm drinking on my health kick at the moment, but it's on par with the average lipstick.


Overall, L’Oreal Eva’s Nude Colour Riche Lipstick is a lovely wearable nude shade for lips. However, I do wish the formula was a bit more moisturising like the Tom Ford. So I'd suggest a lip exfoliate and balm before application. If your looking for a pretty nude, for every day wear this is your little gem. 

If you fancy a little treat Tom Ford Lipsticks are for you, while I can’t justify it based on the cost compared to even Chanel and YSL, it is still the best formula I’ve ever tried. Hands down.

So whether is Tom Ford's Splurge or L'Oreals bargain enjoy yourself some very of the moment nude lips.

Hope you enjoyed my first dupe post, There will be plenty more!


I'll keep you posted :)

justjessica





Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig