-->

A week of Sri Lankan Sun

Leave a Comment






Sri Lanka... What a beautiful country. I was lucky enough to stay in a town called Negombo in a gorgeous resort right on the beach, literally I could walk 20 steps and the sea was at my feet. Pretty idyllic for my first ever Bridesmaid duties. When I was asked to be maid of honour to my friend I had been close with since the age of 13, I was pretty proud. 

What an honour, and what a better place to play that part then on a sunny beach in Sri Lanka. Obviously I enjoyed digging out all of my summer outfits and pretty accessories and was so excited for a week of sun. Let me say thank you now to the lovely companies that sent me some lovely pieces to wear on my time over there.

While I was in Sri Lanka I was lucky enough to visit an elephant orphanage, feed pineapple to monkeys in the jungle, drink from coconuts fresh from the trees, drink lots of delicious cocktails, sample authentic Sri Lankan food, view some of the prettiest sunsets and last but not least watch my friend marry the love of her life. 



Here is my wonderful week in pictures and a few little details to help along the way...


Here are some of the pretty views




























The Elephant Orphanage 










i made a new friend called Chimella - Mainly because I was feeding her fruit!






We stopped off at a Pineapple Plantation, they grow in bushes not trees - Who knew!










We travelled to the jungle by boat and met these little guys 












This is where we ate and what we ate






























My Sri Lankan Styles




Dress - Boohoo
Bag - Forever21
Sandals - Zara



Kimono - H&M
Two piece - Bow Boutique



Lips - Colour chase cosmetics 
Crop top - Topshop



Mixture of H&M, Zara, Forever21, Matalan, Aldo and ASOS





All ASOS
Hand cream - Sniffy Wiffy




Shirt - Beyond Retro
Vest - ASOS
Necklaces - Matthew Calvin
Amazon
H&M
ASOS
Aldo



Tattoos - Flashtats



Kimono - H&M




Glasses - Rayban
Camera - Urban outfitters
Lipbalm - EOS
Nacklace - H&M



Kimono - Seafolly
Bikini - Seafolly



Lipsticks - Chanel
YSL
Clinique
Burts bees



Eyes - Illamasqua - Precision eyeliner
Mac - Bronze
Highlighter - Bobbi Brown shimmer brick - Beige
Brozer - Mac sun powder
Lips - Tom ford - sable smoke



Dress - ILWF
Bag - Very uk
Shoes - Zara



Lips -  MAC Lady Danger 





Heels - Mifani Shoes




Rings - Forever21
ASOS
Topshop



Dress - ILWF
Bag - Matalan
Shoes - Zara
Cuff - Forever 21



Bikini - Zara 
Chain - Asos



Laptop - Apple
Notebook - Chroma stationary




Cuff - H&M



Bikini - Ebay
Bag - Zara




Kimono - Missguided
Bikini - Chloe



Eyes - Chanel - new moon
Lips - Mac - Show Orchid



Dress - Ebay
Shoes - Zara



And now the beautiful wedding day








I love my job, who'd have thought a bride could be even more beautiful then Sri Lanka itself 




























CUTE!






I loved being a bridesmaid



It was a stunning wedding wasn't it, I loved how Sri Lankan it was.


Now I'm home and I'm really in the Christmas Spirit, I have cinnamon scented candles burning, cosy knits are back on and I'm just sorting out my Christmas shopping list. I LOVE this time of year!

Keep an eye out for some Christmasy posts!

I'll keep you posted :)


justjessica









































Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig