-->

September Sunshine

Leave a Comment
I am so shocked at this weather, the sunshine is so lovely. It's weird every September seems to be better than August. By August bank holiday, after it rained for what seemed like a whole week I put most of my summer clothes away and annoyingly had to pull out my winter knits and boots. But I must admit  however lovely this sun is I am definitely ready for winter now... I have outfits and make up looks planned you know!

My Saturday started with a delivery from my good old friend the post man, I love that guy. He knows exactly who I am and smiles and laughs when every parcel comes. It's pretty bad I know, but i have been better lately. It may not last for long though...

It was my Glossy Box arriving through the post, now for those of you that don't know what a glossy box is let me enlighten you.... It's a box that comes once a month, inside is usually 5-6 beauty items that cater to what you asked for. But the best bit... it's always a surprise.

This months was the Karen Millen special, and inside contained:

  • Model & co eyebrow gel (love it already)
  • Nails Inc Matte Nail Top Coat (very handy and works)
  • GOSH Peach cheek tint (yet to try it out)
  • L'oreal Hair Oil (Makes my hair look shiny)
  • A face peeling mask (has acid in it... I'm scared to try it out)
I'll let you know what I think of all the products as I use them more!




It also come in pretty packaging which is always a winner.











That wasn't the best thing that came through the post that day... this was. It speaks for itself. I have the cutest friends.






While I was reading through the card I ate my breakfast I'd made the night before and left in the fridge over night. I make it in a glass because it looks posh, being in the fridge for so long makes it sooo refreshing.





Delicious.


I had arranged to meet one of my friends for a lunch and catch up as I hadn't seen her in a while so I was excited to see her! 
I decided to get ready and catch the train, I chose to wear a really natural make up look as I wanted to give my skin a bit of a breather. I used BB cream, a bronze shadow and mascara, such a fuss free look.


I picked out a shift dress from my wardrobe which is pretty girlie, but I added some edge with a over sized leather sleeveless jacket and black Chelsea boots. Perfect lunch date attire.








After lunch we had a little wonder around the shops and I have to say not much really caught my eye, I'm more of a online shopper as I find there is more choice also it's a really funny time season wise, its that awkward transitional period when everyone is confused on what to wear... I know I'm not the only one!


However while I was scouting the shelves in Superdrug for some new make up invention to catch my eye (it didn't) I came across Tanya Burr's new range with a third off. Now they aren't the most expensive of products anyway so with the discount they were an absolute bargain so I picked two new nail varnish colours that I thought would carry me on through to winter and also two Lip glosses.  I'm not really a glossy kind of girl, favouring the matte look mostly however I have been inform that matte is out for winter and it's now all about the gloss... you have been warned. I chose a nude/pink - perfect for everyday and a red/orange for a little statement pop of colour you know I'm so fond of.

I'm going to try these out this week and let you know how they go!






Ahh Finally I got home and got into bed, my best friend was coming round for a Saturday night pasta and movie night. I really love making my room as cosy as possible, normally it's spread with clothes and lipsticks but there is the odd time is really is my boudoir.






We made the best pasta and discussed all things fashion, make up, Kardashian and life. We ended our night one of the best ways with chocolate strawberries in bed. Perfect.







Ahh Sunday I've been waiting for you, there are many reasons why I love a Sunday... shopping, Sunday food (you know what I mean) but mostly because it's mine and my boys day. It started very well... with a trip to Bill's sitting outside in the sunshine. I was so happy to be reunited with the best Egg's Benedict ever... here is what I had. I know you've seen it all before I'm hardly adventurous, but when you meet the one you just know.






It started with Ice tea... Peach and Mint of course!






As it was after 12 we decided it was OK to have something to nibble while we were waiting... we chose the home made nachos and dips to share.






Then they arrived... Sunday egg heaven.






I had decided to wear one of my favourite blouses and red lather skirt, with delicate gold jewellery. I matched my eyes to my jewels and left the rest of the look simple. Whether we are going to lunch, shopping or a dog walk I always make sure I make an effort which my outfit. I used Tanya's Lip gloss in Picnic in the Park and absolutely loved it, really nice colour and texture. Plus it tastes amazing, not that I ate it but you know what I mean.










We went for a wander around the shops in the sunshine and I may have brought just a little something that caught my eye (outfit post to be expected soon) but to be honest bed and cake sounded like the better option... can you blame us!


The bakery of choice was Patisserie Valerie... we discover this place in London about 5 years ago and I'm so happy we now have one near us. It's delightful.















So as you have read my weekend pretty much consisted of eating fine food and relaxing, just as well because I have a feeling next weekend will be a little more go go go... yes I have a hen party! I'm maid of honour so I have done most of the arranging... lets hope it goes to plan!


Brighton is calling tomorrow, a day out being treated by my best friend. Exciting! And yes as I'm typing I'm thinking of what makeup and outfit look I'm going to go for.


I'll keep you posted :)


justjessica






Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig