-->

A Brighton Date

Leave a Comment
Monday, another day I have been looking forward to for a while. A day in Brighton with my best friend. Do Mondays get much better?

I set my alarm early so I had time to sort my hair out, It's being a bit crazy at the moment I'm feeling a change! I chose a soft look today as it's a daytime look. I used a smokey grey to line my eyes and a khaki/brown shadow to define my sockets, with my new lip gloss from Tanya Burrs collection - Let's travel the world. I love this colour so much, it's a really subtle orange shade.





It felt a little fresh outside although it was sunny so I chose a statement blazer I've had for a few seasons now and added my go to basics. A grey vest top, black leather skirt, my favourite black clumpy heels and of course my new love - my yellow Zara bag.

I find this bag perfect for the daytime, sometimes I get fed up of carrying a bigger bag so it's nice for a change.
















Blazer - Asda
Vest - H&M
Skirt - Topshop
Heels and Bag - Zara


After a long freezing cold train ride for some reason as soon as the sun shines they whack up the air con, I really needed a warm drink so i grabbed the yummiest hot choc from a organic stall at the station on the way to meet my date for the day.





Excuse the lippy!


I met my best friend and then was guided into the Lanes for breakfast, we went into this posh brasserie and sat in the window not realising that we sat next to what seemed like an important work meeting, there's us catching up, chatting and giggling. Trust us!


Now I know your going to think try something different, I was going to and I almost did but I stuck with my gut and went with Eggs Benedict. I'm glad I did as they were better then Bill's... sorry Bill!









We headed for a potter around the weird and wonderful shops in the Lanes and found ourselves at the vintage shop hunting through all the men's oversized shirts. They will be dresses on us, but that's just how I like them! I brought 2 for £10, Bargain! So watch out for those, they will be featured soon!






We then strolled past one of these Bubble shops, this particular one was called Pearls, I have been intrigued but these for ages so I convinced myself to try and see what the fuss was all about. Ewww it was sick, it was so artificial tasting and popping tiny bubbles in my mouth was weird, I'm not a fan I'm afraid. I'll stick to a cupcake or frozen yogurt next time!





We went to MAC and I gave my friend help in which products to try and buy, I think w went a bit over board but I convinced her it would change her life forever... Opps!


After another hour wandering around the shopping taking in all the autumn/winter styles I was time for my second surprise. She knows me well, very well. I'm a sucker for a afternoon tea. Especially when it involves champagne. We headed to the grand for the loveliest afternoon putting the world to rights.














While I was at the Grand I received a notification from VERY on my Instagram telling me I had won their Tanya Burr Competition, i was rather chuffed and will be receiving make up in the post shortly from them. Exciting!







After the train journey back I was pretty knackered so I've got in bed to chill and open some presents she had given me for my belated birthday. As I said she knows me well! I can't wait to add my frame to my wall of frames and also use this cute bowl!






Tomorrow I have decided it's time to get my hair done, I don't know what I'm having done, that's always the fun part!


I'll keep you posted :)



justjessica



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig