-->

A DIY Day - Jam Jars

Leave a Comment

I woke up today feeling creative, so I started putting all my idea's down in my cute little note pad my best friend got me and researching for some inspiration.

This cold miserable weather is the perfect opportunity to do things that summer never gives you a chance to do!






After all that thinking I decided that every friday will now be a DIY day on JustJessica. Why not, everyone loves making things don't they? Especially pretty things.

And It's even better when they are so easy and quick to make. Each Jar took me 3 minutes to make each. I was left with a cute candle holder/make up brush holder/vase/cotton wool holder. How practical!

Now you don't have to do four like I did, I went a little crazy!

You will need:

A Jam Jar of some sort
Lace trimming, pom-poms or ribbon.
Scissors
Unibond Glue


And thats it.






Start by taking the lid off the jam jar.






Measure the ribbon, lace or sting which ever you'd rather around the jar and cut. Now this one was the easiest as it was already the perfect size to fit around the jar.






The end result although very simple is very effective I think, It's one of my fav's.






I chose to use this one is a vase.






Next I grabbed for some ribbon, I messured it around the length of the jar top and enough to make a big bow and cut to size.






Tie a bow around the jar, Snip the ends of the bow so you get a neat finish.






I found it better to use ribbon that had wire each size has it holds its shape better.






I then stuffed with cotton wool balls, so pretty!






I love a big bow!






Now it's time for Pom-poms, I again measured around the jar to get the perfect size, this time I did it twice so I had two layers.






I added glue to the back of the pompoms to hold them in place.







Make sure you leave a big enough gap for the pompoms to hang freely.







I then popped in a candle and used it as a tea light holder.






I love it.







This last one is a little harder, take the lace and measure it around the jar as before, cut out three pieces of the same length.






Add glue to the back side of the lace.






One you have stuck those piece on the jar now make a little bow.






Stick the bow on with a touch of glue to the centre piece of lace.






I decided this would make a beautiful make up brush holder.






There you go guys it really is that simple!


I hope you enjoy making some yourself, perfect if you have a shabby chic bedroom, lounge or you can even use them for the kitchen!





It's the weekend tomorrow and I have lot's planned, outfit's, make up look the lot!!


I'll keep you posted :)



justjessica








Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig