-->

Bake with me: Cute Coconut Covered Cake Pops

Leave a Comment





They look pretty delicious don't they? As soon as I said cake pops the girls were wide eyed and smiling. Cake, another love of a girls life. People that don't eat it don't know what they are missing, whether is full fat, dairy free, gluten free whatever they are all good!

Knowing I had a few of my favs over for a girls night last night I though it would be nice to make a little something for desert, I do love baking and my friends love cake, so it was pretty easy. 

I had came across a cake pop mould in a local super market and thought it would be fun to give them ago! I was going to go with the classic butter cream but my love for coconut took over and soon I had convinced myself to make vanilla sponge covered either with jam or a chocolate frosting rolled in coconut. I know your all dribbling!

I must warn you about the lighting as I had this idea at 4pm and of course these lovely early evenings we are having at the moment meant it was pitch black almost as soon as I started making them, but they are really quick and easy to make and taste as good as they look...


You will need:


For 24 small pop cakes

1 egg
100g unsalted butter
100g Caster sugar
100g Self raising Flour
1 tablespoon of vanilla essence

Frosting - you can chose your own of course



Half a jar of jam (I used strawberry)
150g Coco Powder
150g butte
150g Icing sugar
Half a bag of coconut flakes


Also 12 Cocktail/Kebab sticks








 I also went to town and make a cute little stand for them out of an old box I had, you of course don't have to, inside down on a plate like canopies work just as well!






Turn oven onto 180c 


Use a scale and measure 100g Butter (if its room temperature it will mix in better with the sugar)






add 100g Caster Sugar and mix until light and fluffy







Mix in 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla essence







Then 1 egg 






Mix well







Sieve 100g of self raising flour in bowl






Add 2 Tablespoons of milk






Stir well






 Use a spoon to add the mixture into the moods, then put on the lid







Place in oven for 10 minutes - they don't take long because they are so tiny






Use the hole in the lid to check they are ready (use a cocktail stick and make sure when you pull it out there is no mixture left on it.


Remove from oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes.






CUTE!






Prepare a plate while coconut on it to roll your pop in 






This Chocolate frosting is simply the coco powder, butter and icing sugar mixed together and tastes delicious 






Cover 12 of your balls into the chocolate 






Then roll them into the coconut making sure they are all covered






Repeat with jam










Push cocktail sticks through to centre of cake pop






Stand up right in your your box (I added two pops to each stick because I'm kind and also a bit of a feeder)







And done, they went down a treat! 






Could it be any easier?


Now quick it's your turn, these were such a good combination of flavours, but there are so many more options to try out!


I'm off out for a date night tonight, just deciding what styles to wear now!

I'll keep you posted :)


justjessica








Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig