-->

DIY: Embelish your Knits

Leave a Comment
There really is nothing nicer in this weather then warm cosy Knits. Lets face it, everyone loves to be comfortable, but why should being comfortable come as the cost of not looking girly and glam.
Don't get me wrong I do love a cute oversized plain chunky knit, but sometimes it's nice to have a little sparkle or detail statement to snazz up a comfy yet boring outfit!


So I had an idea, I have so many lovely knits I live in in the colder months, why not jazz them up a little. So I did with my favourite camel coloured jumper and this was the finished result!





I think it's pretty cute, the gold and camel work well together!

I can't wait to wear it. I think it would look great styled with skinny jeans and ankle boots, or tucked into a leather skirt and tights. 

I have been seeing loads of embellished jumpers around at the moment, so they seem to be very on trend!



Tophop have In store and online








Zara have In store and online






I love them all, but they are all between 30 - 50 pounds, Mine cost me £13 all together, £10 jumper and £3 Bracelet and I prefer the colour! Bargain!


So here's how I made it...



You will need:


A Jumper
Thread - Same/Similar colour as Jumper
Needle
Emellishments of your choice (must have needle hole)





There were actually a bracket I brought from Primark specifically to use, bracelets are good to use as they have holes in the beads and the bead are normally pretty!




Measure the beads to make sure the fit the rim of you jumper, and space them evenly apart.




Use the needle to sew each embellishment on individually making sure you secure it tightly with a knot at the end.





Continued until every bead is secured in place.





Done! How easy was that. Now you can enjoy wearing it, knowing that no one else has one and it's a one off!


I also Embellished another jumper using a bracelet from Topshop and a jumper from Primark costing me just £12, I takes me about 20 minutes on each jumper and if you get bored of the sparkles you can just remove them with no fuss and no damage made to your jumper!










I LOVE the colour of this one, I like a pop of pastel in the winter!


Well there you go another DIY.


I have lots of fun things coming up this week! 


I'll keep you posted :)



justjessica




Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig