-->

DIY: Tie Dye Tea Cups

Leave a Comment







Tea cups, every girl loves them, and enjoys the idea of having little tea parties with delicate little cups with intricate detailing, paired with fresh scones, clotted cream and jam of course. 
I don't even drink tea (just green) and I own three and love them equally as much. The three I own are all light pink/nude and gold in colour, one striped, one vintage and one even sporting a flamingo. I'm obsessed. So when a friend of mine mentioned she had seen a DIY tie dye egg cup on TV, I had a great idea...

A Tye die tea cup to add to my collection, what a lovely way to spend my Friday afternoon then getting creative with my friend and.... Nail varnish. Yes, nail varnish, when put in water it has a rather amazing effect! I'll let you see for yourself!


You will need:


1 plain cup and saucer
A couple of tooth picks
Your 3 fav nail varnish colours
A large plastic bowl
Water
RUBBER GLOVES - i forgot these and I've spend more time trying to get the varnish of my hands then actually tie dying - Typical me!


Simple!






Honey my cat assisted me, to make sure I was doing every thing correct of course!


Fill your bowl with room temperate water,

Pour your first nail varnish into the bowl, I chose nude but you can chose whatever you fancy







Be generous but make sure you leave half for the second time!






Add your second colour - mine was grey








Add then your third - I chose a rose pink







Mix the colours all together using a tooth pick






Pretty cool right?






Now take the saucer and dip into the bowl, leave for 3 seconds then remove





Place on a old news paper to dry






Add in your three colours again, one step at a time like before an mix with a tooth pick


Now dip in your cup






Hold  in for 3 seconds







Now leave that to also dry on a bit on newspaper







Look how pretty it is, it really is that easy!






But don't forget GLOVES, or you will end up like this, and you don't need that in your life, trust me. I still have pink hands now!





What a great way to add some colour to your kitchen, give as a present or my favourite, use as a candle holder.

I'm really happy with how it turned out!






Go on give this a try, Christmas colours would be great this time of year for piling your hot choc and cream in!


I'm off for a spontaneous night away tomorrow eve with my boy so I'm a little excited!


I'll keep you posted :)


justjessica

























Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig