-->

Just Jessica's Dupes: MAC's Something Special

1 comment


Who doesn't love a little flush of blush? Especially this time of year, it nice to have a bit of colour on your cheeks to help brighten up pale and sun starved skin. I am a little partial to a healthy glow. Blushes, I have lots of them, powders, minerals, liquids and creams. I have to say cream blush is my favourite it really suits my skin and seems to leave a nice subtle shine without looking cakey like some powders can. 

I think the word blusher scares some people as they automatically think of barbie pink cheeks, but when applied nice a subtly it can have a beautiful effect.







 I have been on the look out for great dupes of all my favourite make up products, so when I was last in boots I had a little rummage through the blushes to see what cream blushes I could find. Bourjois seemed yo be the winner, I'm coming to love the brand and feel it's definitely one of my favourite high street brands. 









I found the Bourjios Cream Blush in shade 03 - Rose Tender - when looking at the blush in the pot it looks a lot pinker and colder toned then it does on the skin. I really do love the colour when applied over foundation it has very tiny particles of shimmer too which makes it really pretty. 

When I applied it to the back of my hand I was automatically reminded of MAC's Something Special, that and Ladyblush are my favourite of MAC's Creamblend Blush collection. Although Something Special doesnt have any shimmer to it, it is slightly more sticky giving it more of a shine effect on the cheeks, which is equally as pretty.






MAC - Something Special - Top
Bourjios - 03 Rose Tender - Bottom




MAC - Something Special - £18.00























Bourjois - 03 Rose Tender - £7.99



















As you can see in the pictures, the MAC creamblush is slightly more intense then the Bourjios blush but I could of easily applied more to make it more intense but I thought I would so you the outcome when applied with the exact same amount. 

I would definitely recommend buying Rose Tender if you wear blush everyday, it's pretty cheap and great quality. I found that after being out for the roughly 4-5 hours it needed a little retouch, but that's fine as it comes in a handy little pot with a mirror so you can keep it in your bag, where as the MAC cream blush doesn't.


I hope this was helpful, don't be scared of blush, it gives the skin a beautiful glow - it's my secret anyway!


I'll keep you posted :)



justjessica





Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig