-->

Just Jessica's January Juices: The Ginger Zinger

Leave a Comment




Ginger, it's a little like Marmite you either love it or you hate it. I just so happen to love it, but then again I have a rather strange liking for hot and tangy flavours, I get it from my mother rather then my dad who is such a baby with hot food. I'm grateful though as food with a kick to it is sooo much tastier! 

After having a fruit overload I really fancied making  concoction that was less sweet. So I decided that I needed to use spinach - all hale the super food! And what goes better with spinach then carrots, ginger orange and lemons (other then cheese, but that's a whole different story). 

Ginger is good for you because it creates internal heat that revs your metabolism, plus it is nearly calorie-free. So after finding out that fact I couldn't wait to add it to my healthy juice!

 After tasting the juice I decided against making spinach it's main feature as the ginger taste completely took over.. so... 'The Ginger Zinger' was born. If you looking for a hot, refreshing zing this one s for you!








Ingredients:

1 pint of Coconut water
1 Handful of Spinach
1 Carrot
1/2 Squeezed Lemon
1 Orange
As much Ginger as you think you can handle! (I used about inch squared piece, but remember I LOVE it)



Add all these Ingredients into either a Nutribullet, blender or juicer and give it a whizz for about 10-20 seconds. 



Before






After







Now enjoy your juice!







Yes I did drink this in bed - it's so cold out!



Now it's time for the top tip of the day given by my PT friend @kimmy_fitness - her Instagram and Twitter is SO helpful!


Top Tip of the day:

Always plan and prep, Knowing what you are going to eat and what you are going to do in the gym creates success and Goal achieved. Planning your meals ahead stops you grabbing the first thing you see (bad food) and planning your gym session makes you not waste time and complete the session!



She makes so much sense doesn't she!


Right I'm off out for dinner, It's Saturday... and the weekends are for treats! 


I'll keep you posted :)


justjessica


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig