-->

DIY: Jessica's Jam Jar Desk Storage

1 comment
As promised on Sunday here is a brand spanking new DIY post for you. My mum makes loads of cakes, mainly Victoria Sponge so when she phoned me a couple of weeks ago and said I have about a 100 Jam Jar's (slight exaggeration) I'm getting rid of do you want them - my initial though was to say no way what am I going to do with them? 

But then like a light bulb switched on in my head I thought, I can do loads with them. Firstly I always think they make really cute vases for stubby flowers as well as great cocktail jugs for when I have the girls round.


But then it came to me, I have recently been really into using my glue gun for EVERYTHING - it's just so quick and handy!

 I thought they would make really good basic storage for my dressing table. My room is very white and shabby chic so I thought they would work perfectly and I was really pleased with the end result! 





Very profesh ay!?




Here's what you will need:


1 Glue gun

As many glass jars as you get hold of




That's it, it really is that simple!



Let's get started.






Plug in Glue gun and wash out the Jars 












Take the first Jar and glue a strip of glue down the top part of the jar all the way to the bottom






Quickly push the two jars together and make sure they are in line with each other






Repeat until you have your desired length in jars






Then take your glue gun and glue a line across the joining jars






And then again Quickly stick your Jar into the so that the middle of the top Jar is centre with the line of the other Jars joining.(I hope that makes sense!)






Make sure there are less jars on each line going up






Repeat again for the third line 






See below






Now for the last jar - glue a line down both inner edges of the jars






VOILA!






Now fill your storage jars with everything you fancy!














How easy was that? I took me 5 minutes to make and about another 10 to decide what to fill them with, you can also use these storage jars for the kitchen to keep tea bags, spices and even cutlery. Or how about your bathroom for all your toiletries?! 



Give it and go and let me know what you think!



I'll keep you posted :)


justjessica


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig